Rodney A. Ames has a general civil trial and appellate practice. Much of his civil litigation has dealt with complex wrongful death, personal injury, premises liability, medical malpractice and commercial dispute matters. He also works with corporate formation, contract negotiation and real estate matters.
After receiving his Juris Doctor Degree, Rodney joined a downtown Kansas City law firm where he focused his practice primarily on insurance defense work. His practice has steadily evolved from insurance defense work into a strong and successful plaintiff's. In addition to representing plaintiffs, he has continued to represent defendants with a winning trial record. He has also enjoyed success with the appellate courts with several successful appeals.
Rodney joined Withers, Brant, Igoe and Mullennix, P.C. in 2003 where he continues to be an advocate for those who have been injured or wronged.
Areas of Practice
○ Civil Trial
○ Appellate Practice
○ Real Estate
○ Corporate Formation
○ Contract Negotiation
● Rodney has resolved multiple personal injury, wrongful death, premises liability and breach of contract cases.
● He has successfully handled multiple cases in state and federal courts both on the trail and appellate levels.
● He has successfully completed as lead counsel multiple jury and non jury trials.
● He has successfully handled multiple appeals in federal and state appellate court
● University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law, J.D., 1996
● University of Missouri-Kansas City, B.A., 1993
● Altamont High School, 1985 (Utah)
● Admitted to Practice: Missouri, 1997
● United States Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
● United States District Court, Western District of Missouri
● Missouri Bar Association
● Clay County Bar Association
● Kansas City Missouri Bar Association
● Missouri Association of Trail Attorney’s
● J. Reuben Clark Law School Society; Board of Directors for Kansas City Chapter
● Clay County Regional Airport Advisory Board
● Liberty Greater Area Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors
Selected Reported Decisions
● Kyte v. American Family Mutual Insurance Company, 92 S.W.3d 295 (MoApp. W.D. 2002).
● JCBC, L.L.C. v. Rollstock, Inc., 22 S.W.3d 197 (Mo.App. W.D. 2000).
● Casualty Indem. Exchange v. City of Sparta, 997 S.W.2d 545 (Mo.App. S.D.,1999).
● Porter v. Williams, 436 F.3d 917 (C.A.8 Mo. 2006).
Rodney and his wife live in Liberty, Missouri. They are active in school, city and church functions and deeply enjoy their associations with the community. They have four amazing children.