Withers, Brant, Igoe & Mullennix, P.C. traces its heritage of legal representation in the Kansas City Northland back to 1868. Founding member Conn Withers joined the already longstanding practice of the Simrall family of lawyers on the Liberty Square in Liberty, Missouri in 1930.
In the 1970’s, Conn Withers was joined by Jerry Brant and the Honorable Victor C. Howard (now serving as a judge on the Missouri Court of Appeals, Western District) to form the original “Withers-Brant” firm. Over the following years, the firm joined with the legal practices of Vincent “Mike” Igoe, Ron Mullennix, John Crossett, and Tom Capps, expanding its practice and formally adopting the name “Withers, Brant, Igoe & Mullennix, P.C.” in 1993. Since that time, Ward Brown and Rodney Ames have joined the firm and further expanded our scope of legal services. Recently, Travis Wymore and Robb Denney joined as the firm’s newest shareholders, and Jeremy Johnston has served as “of counsel” to the firm since 2013.
Throughout its history, Withers, Brant, Igoe & Mullennix, P.C. has proudly counted among its members multiple presidents and directors of the Clay County Bar Association, local County Counselors, City Prosecutors, area Judges, an Assistant Attorney General, a member of the Missouri Bar Association Board of Governors and numerous chairpersons, directors and executives of organizations throughout the Greater Kansas City Area. Our firm has also proudly provided legal services to hundreds, if not thousands, of individuals and businesses in the Northland and Greater Kansas City Area, with some institutional client relationships dating back more than 100 years.
Two South Main
Withers, Brant, Igoe & Mullennix, P.C. has been located at the building at Two South Main, Liberty, Missouri, at the southwest corner of the Historic Liberty Square since 1990. The building at Two South Main was originally built in 1923 and has been placed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The building was originally constructed to house the First National Bank of Liberty, with legal offices occupying the top floor. The building served as the location of various banking institutions over the following 70 years, and many structural and design elements attributable to the banking industry can still be seen throughout the building, including vaults, wall safes, and teller windows.